The Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc. Social Media Guidelines
The Cat Fanciers’ Association’s social media channels are intended to be part of a larger integrated communications strategy developed under CFA’s Communications Department.
CFA engages with our customers and stakeholders through the following social media channels:
- Facebook at www.facebook.com/cfa.org
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/cfaorg
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/cfaorg
- Blog at http://blog.cfa.org and http://cfablog.org/
In addition to CFA’s Corporate social media pages, clubs, regions, breed councils and other CFA committees and groups may also choose to have their own social media pages.
Any opinions, ideas, statements, claims or views expressed on all of CFA’s social media pages are not necessarily those of the Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc. or its Board of Directors.
Please take a moment to review the following guidelines for appropriately contributing to these pages.
- Do not do anything that breaks the law.
- Be polite and courteous, even if you disagree. Name calling, profanity, offensive or violent language, hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs will not be tolerated.
- Attacks on specific groups or individuals with any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. We reserve the right to remove off-topic, out of context or promotional postings.
- Keep it real. All wall postings should come from a real person and profile. Postings from fake or anonymous profiles will be deleted when discovered.
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights will be removed.
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted to Facebook that violates these guidelines.
Creating a Facebook/Social Media Page:
Basic information required to establish a new Facebook Page:
Page name: A unique page name that describes the subject matter of the account, name of the organization or contains a keyword describing the nature of the organization. It is recommended that the profile name and page URL include CFA (Cat Fanciers’ Association).
List of page administrators: One to two individuals who will serve as page administrators and have the authority to post on behalf of the page (topic).
Basic information content: Location, general description and mission, as well as a list of web links (e.g., http://www.cfa.org).
Disclaimer language in the About section: “For official CFA info go to www.cfa.org. Disclaimer: Any opinions, ideas, statements, claims or views expressed on all of CFA’s social media pages are not necessarily those of the Cat Fanciers’ Association, Inc. or its Board of Directors.
Cover and Profile Images: A logo and image that represents your group. Be sure to include the CFA name and logo.
For images, please be sure that you have prior approval of the photographer or creator.
For questions on social media policy, please email Communications@cfa.org