Applying to the Judging Program
Before considering applying to the judging program, please be aware that all requirements are to be met before applying and you must:
- Be of good reputation, both in the cat fancy and your community.
- Have a complete understanding of the most current CFA Standards, CFA Show Rules and the CFA Judging Program Rules.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Have a current Master Clerk License.
- Have had Custodial Experience (see Judging Program Rules for detailed requirements).
- Attend a CFA Breed Awareness and Orientation School for the appropriate specialty
within two years of applying.
- Have exhibited in at least two regions out of your own region.
- Have a CFA Cattery registration certificate for seven (7) years breeding experience (within ten (10)
years immediately prior to applying).
- Have a club membership verification, indicating five years of active, continuous membership, which
must be signed by the club President and Secretary. (The club has to have put on a show within the
last two years).
- Meet the Scorecard requirements, (see Judging Program Rules for detailed requirements).
- Have a litter registration certificate, proving that you bred your first litter, with your cattery name as
prefix, at least seven (7) years prior to your date of application.
- Have an Exhibitor Resume (See Judging Program Rules for detailed requirements).
- Provide a statement of why you want to be a CFA Judge.
- Have a copy of your application filled out, signed by your Regional Director and sent directly to the
Judging Program Applications Administrator.
- Three CFA Club recommendations (see Judging Program Rules for detailed requirements).
- Have marked a catalog with an Allbreed Judge. Have a statement that the paperwork was found
error free. (See Judging Program Rules for more details).
- Have three letters of personal recommendations/character reference be sent directly to the
Judging Program Administrator.
- Have created two copies of the application, one for CFA and one for your files.
- Provide the current application fee and photo of yourself.
- Meet the applicable application deadline date. (See Deadline Dates).
Application forms and information:
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact the current Applications Administrator:
11117 Braddock Drive
Culver City, CA 90230
Tel: (310) 837 8540(310) 837 8540
Or for general questions, contact:
The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc.
260 East Main Street
Tel: (330) 680-4070(330) 680-4070
Fax: (330) 680-4633